Race entry for 2019 will open in September 2018. For race information, click the button.
From Swayambhu Stupa
To Boudhanath Stupa
The long (& green) way around
This route is around 53km but at a steady 5km walking pace it can be completed in under 12 hours.
- Meet 5:30am at Swayambhu Stupa. Start 06:00 approx.
- Then the toughest and only serious climb of the day to the Jamacho Gumba
- Then there is the long downhill through the Nagarjun Jungle.
- Follow the ridge from Mudkhu to Tinpiple.
- Then climb Tarkeshwor Mandir greeting the Sadhu living there.
- Continue here to pass the army camp and to Gurje Bhanjyang. There is a water tap here. Please say Namaste to Army – we need their support.
- Continue on jeep road to Dandagaon
- Continue to Nagi Gumba, first on a small foot trail, then jeep road.
- Climb up to the monastery itself…
- From Nagi, all downhill on the ridge to Kopan Gumba.
- The last 2 km are going to be dusty running with traffic on small roads. Hold your breath.
- Arrive at Boudhanath. It can be busy so do your best and be careful of others. Complete three koras after finishing.